Before Your Appointment-
- Gently exfoliate your skin , shave then moisturize with an oil-free moisturizer 24-48 hours before your appointment. The more hydrated your skin, the better and more even the tan.
- Remove all makeup to ensure an even tan, pull hair up and off of face/neck, remove all jewelry and apply lip balm (nose plugs are available).
- Please come to your appointment with NO deodorant on, deodorant can cause a barrier that will greatly affect the quality of your tan application. Do not apply lotion or perfume before your appointment either.
- If you get electrolysis please have it done a few days prior so that your skin is calmed and to avoid irritation/rash.
After Your Tan-
- Do not shower, do not schedule hair cuts/color, do not sweat/exercise, or cry for 8-10 hours after you are sprayed. Water will cause streaking and compromise your tan.
- Taking cool, short showers using a light gel body wash will make your tan last longer.
- Avoid scrubs, products with heavy oils, Dove and Aveeno products and anything labeled "extra moisturizing" (tends to leave a heavy residue). Opt for natural products with no fragrance or oils.
- Do not get waxed after you have been freshly tanned, please schedule before your appointment.
- Wear dark colored, long sleeve/pants pajamas to bed in order to avoid touching your skin to the sheets. This will prevent the spray tan from transferring. A dark pillow case is highly recommended.
After Your First Shower-
- Use a shower gel vs. a drying soap again to keep your skin moisturized.
- Pat dry your skin after you shower, rubbing your skin will rub off your beautiful glow!
- Moisturize 2x a day with a fragrance free moisturizer to keep your tan looking perfect and will ensure an even fade. The more you hydrate your skin, the longer your tan will last!
- Avoid salicylic acids, peels, exfoliants...all these products will diminish your tan.